Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pink Pajamas


A month ago I was coming back from a trip to mountains with my mom and kids. We decided to go through the Salt River Canyon which is a little twisty and turney, but none of my kids usually get car sick so we weren't really worried about it. We forgot, however, that Hyrum had been acting a bit lethargic that morning, and didn't even think about the fact that he might be a little sick.

We didn't even make it all the way down to the bottom of the canyon before Hyrum threw up all over himself, the car seat, and the car. Thank goodness there was a pull off at the bottom of the canyon. We pulled off the road and I cleaned him up with all of the wipes I could find, striped him down to his diaper, and tried not to throw up myself. After being in the mountains for almost a week all of our clothes were DIRTY!

All I had clean was one pair of PJs that were suppose to fit Brea (who is only 1). Thank goodness I had purchased the 2 toddler size, and I was able to squeeze Hyrum into them. It did take some convincing though. Even though he was sick he took one look at those pink pajamas and told me he did NOT want to wear pink. When we got home Scott couldn't help but chuckle, and we had to take a picture to document probably the one and only time we'll ever convince Hyrum to wear pink.

No comments: