Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Confessions...

Okay, so I haven't started cooking this week. That is why I haven't posted any cool photos of the meals Meg and I have whipped up. Oh well. :( The reason? I do have one. First one we ran out of cash. We started running our house on a cash system. We pull out the cash we need to keep our house going for the month (not including bills), and divide it up by week. This week due to some SUPER fun trips to the mountains and a local resort we kind of nearly ran out of money already. Thank goodness the month is almost over. We only had enough to pay for the essentials, and since I had enough food in the house to make basic meals we've made due this week. Its actually been kind of a fun challenge to see what I can feed everyone out of what we already have. Its always amazing how much you have. Last night we had pancakes and hash browns. It was definitely a crowd pleaser.

The second reason I didn't start cooking is I started organizing again, and when I am in organizing mode I can only think of one thing ORGANIZING!!! I made my list, put it up on my magnetic chalk board, and started plugging away like a mad woman yesterday. I LOVE ORGANIZING!!! It makes me feel so good, and its always nice to be able to find things when you need something. I should have taken some before and after pictures of the projects I've already done. Maybe I will with some of my upcoming organizational projects. So far I have reorganized the laundry room, all the toys, pantry, fridge/freezer (inside), and put together and organized the baby's room. Last night Scott (I helped a little) worked on cleaning up and organizing the backyard. We had some out door furniture we bought right before Becca was born in June that we hadn't ever gotten put together. We also just had some trash and random toys scattered around the yard too. The backyard is really looking amazing now, and we only have three more chairs to put together. WOO-HOO!!

I have lots more on my list to do, and when I am done I know I am going to feel like a new woman ready to conquer the world.

We are leaving for a family reunion tomorrow so I am going to try and get TONS done today. That may be tough since we have swimming in two hours and art class right after that. So I have from between now (8:30) and when we leave for swimming (10:30) and I won't be home again until this afternoon (2:30ish). Oh and I have to get the car cleaned up and ready for another trip. No worries...I can do it!!

This July we've had swimming lessons almost every day of the week. Its been fun, but also a good reminder that I don't really like having to run around every day. Its nice to have stay at home days. I am going to remember that for the fall when I am working on our family's schedule.

Okay I am out of here. Time to feed the kids breakfast and start on some organizing projects!!!

1 comment:

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

Totally understand the running out of money thing. I swear when I budget I think I should be able to make it work on this much cash, but I always overspend the first part of the month. We ran out a week ago and have been living on what I have in the house to feed everyone - it's always an adventure at the end of the month!