Thursday, January 14, 2010

Music Day!!

Thursdays have turned out to be our family's music day. I love it, but boy is it a bit crazy.

[Let's Play Music]
My three oldest are in a fabulous program called Let's Play Music. They are in their second of three years and all I can say is WOW!! Its such a fun and inspiring program that teaches the kids all about music and gets them playing the piano. I can't wait for Hyrum to start next year.

[EVMCO]
This semester we added to our music day the...East Valley Music Choral Organization. It's an incredible choral program that not only teaches the kids about how to sing, and musical theory, BUT also uplifts them and talks to them about the power of spiritual music. My kids are really enjoying it so far. The bonus is that lots of the kids friends are in the program too, so while they are waiting for their siblings to finish they get to play with their friends. This works out great, since they don't get the daily dose of recess time like most kids do at public school. I'll have to take some pictures next week to document all the fun they are having.

Scott has also joined the organization, and he has been SO INSPIRED!! Its kind of a sacrifice because he has church stuff every Tuesday evening and now he has EVMCO everything Thursday. Oh well? Its such a great thing for him I don't mind.

[What a fantastic life!!]
I just have to say how blessed I am, and how grateful I am for the Lord and His vision of who I can become. I have struggled with holding my kids accountable to their household duties in the past. However, what I've found is that they are happier when they are pushed and when things are expected of them. And guess what...I'm happier too!

I was inspired at the first of the year to stay more organized, and keep my kids more informed of what is expected of them each day. The results of those two perhaps minor shifts in the way I approach my day has made a HUGE difference in my life. I am so grateful for personal revelation, and the peace and blessings it can bring to my life. As I've worked and studied side by side with my kids this year, miracles have started to happen. They respect me more, and I respect them more. The love between us has increased, and our home is a better place to be. I feel like I am getting closer to creating a house of order...and its exciting. I've got lots of work to do, but I'm starting to see the bigger picture with more clarity. I pray that through the grace and love of God, my dream of creating an 'ideal' home will become a reality.

No comments: