Thursday, September 4, 2008

New York Maddness

We flew from Boston to New York yesterday evening on a 37 seat jet. I starting freaking out when I first heard how small the plane was. I have no problem flying in large commercial jets, but the thought of going on a small one was totally scary to me. I am such a wimp!

{Our tiny plane. Only two rows of seat...one on one side and two on the other. CRAZY!!!}

Doesn't it seem like its always the little planes that have problems and crash? I tried not to think about it while we were waiting to board, and thank goodness once we did board it didn't feel as small as I thought it would. I was able to chill and sleep during most of the 38 minute flight.

I've been to NY once. It was right after Scott proposed (I freaked out and had to run away...just kidding). I had planned the trip to visit the east coast with my Grandma Carolyn and cousin Dana long before Scott even got home from his mission. I remember that trip well and it was a blast! Things are so different on the east coast. This is Scott's first time to New York, and he was just in awe at the feeling of constant chaos, hustle and bustle, and the seemingly never ending number of sky scrapers. New York is such a unique city!
{It was 10:00pm when we were taking this picture, and we didn't even use the flash because the city was so lit up. There are so many lights and huge LCD TVs on the sky scrappers that the city literally glowed. It felt like it was the middle of the day. Amazing!}

We asked a local New Yorker for a recommendation for a good NY pizza joint. He pointed us to one, and the food was great. After a slight miss communication with our waitress we ordered two large pizzas for the four of us to eat. They were HUGE! So yes there was TONS left over. Oh well!

Scott and the InfusionSoft guys had another Revolution Tour early this morning so we called it a night after that and headed back to the hotel; which was fine with me. I was tired and I wanted to listen to Sarah Palin speak at the RNC. We got home 30 minutes before she spoke, and I listened to it while Scott went down to the other guy's room to work on some stuff for the Revolution Tour.

I have to say that I was really impressed with Palin. I thought she was genuine and sincere. I was surprised when they announced her as the VP running mate, but after last night I impressed.

Scott and I will be here until Sunday, and I can't wait to start exploring the city with him. Cheers!

2 comments:

RPH said...

andee! hey, i ran across your blog. i cant believe it has been so long since i have seen you. you look super fabulous! and your cute little kids? oh, i love your family. have fun in new york! i am secretly ozzing with jealousy, i love that city. i will be checking back in on you again!
raygon
we have a blog, but it is private, if you are interested e mail me at raygon0326atyahoodotcom.

Anonymous said...

Andee,
What a fun anniversary you two had this year in Boston and NYC! I am so happy for you! You are amazing! Keep up the great work with your wonderful children. When was Becca born, date, time, weight, place etc. When is her blessing? What is her full name? I also need the same info on all your children.
David and I celebrated our 39th anniversary! We are just a few years a head of you!
Love,
Aunt Sharilyn