Monday, September 8, 2008

Office to Project Room Transformation...

Ever since we've been in this house we've had a dark, disorganized, computer room that was NOT functional and hardly ever used. So I presented an idea I had to Scott to turn it into a project room that I could use during homeschooling. Scott was all for the room concept, but not totally up for my French Country design. However, since its a room that has doors that can shut it off from the rest of the house he was all for letting me do whatever I wanted. What a great husband!

Once I got the go ahead from Scott I was on my way. We ordered some more functional furniture for the room from an unfinished furniture store, started repainting, added some can lights, and started prepping the room for it's transformation. The room is still in limbo, but we have a good portion of the work done which is WONDERFUL!!

I am anxious to get the room put back together so I can start doing more projects with the kids that can be left out over night...as well as have more wall space to hang maps and other fun visual aids for our homeschool! Here are some pictures of the mess we are in right now. Oh well!! Its all part of the process.

All the old office furniture is going to be going to Scott's office, but for right now its in our front room. I know how lovely is that!

I know its hard to tell what this is a picture of, but this is a picture of Brea in our virtually empty office. This one was taken before the new paint job, but after I spent hours sorting through all the junk we had piled in the corner. YUCK!! How I ever let that pile get so big I will never know. It was terrible.

I ended up painting the walls a light pink color and added a chair molding which is really pretty. We also painted magnetic paint under the latex paint (you can't tell its there) on three of the walls above the chair molding. Its crazy to look at the wall and see magnets randomly stuck to it. I really LOVE magnets, and think it will be fun to be able to display the kids work on the wall using magnets instead of push pins or something else like that!
Another thing I am just loving about this room so far is the amazing chandelier that Minda found for me. Its PERFECT!!! I think details are what really make a room special.

3 comments:

RPH said...

i love it andee! we have a room like that at our house too (please tell me everyone does) are you up for hire? i could use a hand transforming it! i love the magnet paint on the wall. clever...

Meredith Ferrin said...

Hey Andee~~ I found your blog through Natalie and Bryan hatch. They are in my ward! Your kids are adorable!!! My baby is the exact same age as your Brea. I'm glad you guys are doing well!

Tracey said...

I've never heard of metallic paint. It would be so nice not to have to use pins to stick everything on the walls in my dining/school room. Where do you find it. What colors does it come it?