Monday, September 15, 2008

What I did today and will do tomorrow!

{Devotional}
Today started out slow. I was totally tired from our Sedona Trip which was a blast. But we ended up getting home around 1am Sunday morning which burned me out! I was still paying for this late night Monday morning (today) and finally dragged myself out of bed around 7:30 because the kids needed to be fed. Things started to pick up a bit and by 9am I was able to feed everyone, start the laundry, get all the beds and rooms cleaned, pick up breakfast, and get everyone dressed. However, I hadn't done my foundational things, devotional, or family reading time. So I still had lots to do. I also wanted to get some organizing done.

I've learned that I can't seem to get anything done if we haven't done our morning devotional. It's awesome how the Lord works. That was definitely what happened today! I felt like I was in slow motion, not inspired, and less than effective. So I stopped what I was doing and did what was more important than doing the dishes. We had devotional. We sang all three verses of The Army's of Helaman followed by a prayer by Jarom. Then we read for 20 minutes out of our Picture New Testament. I was amazed how attentive Megan and Jarom always are, and how curious the two little boys are becoming.

{School Time}
After devotional we started the book A Wrinkle in Time. The kids seemed to enjoy the first chapter which is all we got through today. After that everyone played for a while before Jarom and I sat down and started reading The Life of Fred. I can't ever remember having a better time doing math EVER!! This book is amazing!!! Jarom and I couldn't stop giggling as we were reading the book, learning new terms, and working out problems. This is the most amazing, intriguing, unique math book I've ever seen! There is a whole series of books about Fred, and I am sure once we get through this one we'll be more than excited to start the next one. What a delight!


{Project: Organize the bookcase}
After Math, Reading, and Devotional I decided that it was time to move onto WORK! I had some projects that had to be done so I could think straight and so the kids and I started the long process of organizing our family bookcases. What a mess, but now they are labeled, organized, and I am able to find what I need when I need it. This was one of those dreaded projects that has been on my To Do list for months, and its was such a huge relief to finally be able to cross it off my list. WHOO-HOO!!

Above is my bookcase neat (okay maybe not neat...books always look messy to me because they are all different shapes and sizes so they usually don't look pretty) and organized.

{Label Maker...get one!}


I think everyone should have a personal labeler. I never in a million years thought I'd ever use one until I had a gal come help me get started with some of my organizing projects. She got me addicted and now I seriously don't know what I would do with out it. I have organized my toy bins, craft containers, pantry, bookcases, closets, laundry cabinets, etc... with this little labeler. LOVE it and a life saver for me in my organizational endeavors.

{Goodbye Business Books}
As I was going through our bookcases, which were so unorganized, and under utilized. I discovered that Scott had about 40 business books on the shelves. So I made a huge pile and I think he is going to be taking them all to his office tomorrow. I thought at first he might be a little frustrated that I pulled all of his books off the shelf, but he seemed okay with it. The only thing he chuckled at was the bag I put them all in which is never going to hold them all without totally breaking. Oh well! I didn't really think about that. I just wanted them off the shelves.

{USBORNE Books}
How funny is this? Last week I signed up to be a USBORNE book consultant. I LOVE their books and wanted to order so many of them that it made sense to just sign up as a consultant. I got my 'starter' box of books a few days ago, and was tickled to look through them. They seriously have the best books I have found, and I am so EXCITED to order more. I love the way they have their consultant program set up because I really don't have a quota I have to order each quarter. If I did I am sure just my orders alone would fill it. :)

If anyone is a book-aholic like me and wants to order some awesome books for their kids just let me know! I have a little online store they set up for me. You can visit it by clicking here.

This is an awesome little game that teaches kids their letters! I show this in April and fell in love with it. I am so excited to have one to try out with my kids.

Here are just a few of the many books I just got with my 'starter' packet. The kids and I were reading them today and just having a blast!!

{Tomorrow}
Last week I ordered a few Pilates DVDs and they arrived today, my goal for tomorrow is to actually exercise by doing a 30 minute Pilates work out. I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to pull that off. Its been since high school that I consistently worked out and man am I out of shape. Let's change that! Its time to kick some chicken and get rid of all this extra baby fat!! What comes on must come off right?!

No comments: